Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Rad51 (D4B10) Rabbit mAb #8875
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||37||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rad51 (D4B10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Rad51 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to full-length human Rad51 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Rad51 (D4B10) Rabbit mAb.
DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) are potentially hazardous lesions that can be induced by ionizing radiation (IR), radiomimetic chemicals, or DNA replication inhibitors. Cells sense and repair DSBs via two distinct but partly overlapping signaling pathways, nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ) and homologous recombination (HR). Research studies have shown that defects in both pathways are associated with human disease, including cancer (reviewed in 1).DSBs that arise during S or G2 phase are repaired via homologous recombination (HR), using the replicated sister chromatid as a repair template. Rad51 recombinase, a eukaryotic homologue of E. coli RecA, polymerizes and forms a filament along single-stranded DNA, mediating HR with the help of auxiliary proteins, including Rad54 and BRCA2 (reviewed in 2,3). BRCA2 binds Rad51 and targets it to single-stranded DNA, allowing it to displace replication protein A (RPA) (4). Five Rad51 paralogs exist in vertebrates (XRCC2, XRCC3, Rad51B, Rad51C, and Rad51D) and they all appear to be required for efficient HR (5).Researchers have found that mutations in the Rad51 gene may be related to breast cancer risk (6). Some studies have implicated Rad51 as a potential marker for pancreatic cancer (7).
- Hartlerode, A.J. and Scully, R. (2009) Biochem J 423, 157-68.
- Sung, P. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 42729-32.
- Mazin, A.V. et al. (2010) DNA Repair (Amst) 9, 286-302.
- Jensen, R.B. et al. (2010) Nature 467, 678-83.
- Takata, M. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 2858-66.
- Antoniou, A.C. et al. (2007) Am J Hum Genet 81, 1186-200.
- Nagathihalli, N.S. and Nagaraju, G. (2011) Biochim Biophys Acta 1816, 209-18.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9012 BRCA2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.