Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
NRF2 (D1C9) Rabbit mAb #8882
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||98||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NRF2 (D1C9) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total mouse NRF2 protein. It also detects overexpressed human NRF2 protein. This antibody cross-reacts with a nonspecific band at 70 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu311 of human NRF2 protein.
The nuclear factor-like 2 (NRF2) transcriptional activator binds antioxidant response elements (ARE) of target gene promoter regions to regulate expression of oxidative stress response genes. Under basal conditions, the NRF2 inhibitor INrf2 (also called KEAP1) binds and retains NRF2 in the cytoplasm where it can be targeted for ubiquitin-mediated degradation (1). Small amounts of constitutive nuclear NRF2 maintains cellular homeostasis through regulation of basal expression of antioxidant response genes. Following oxidative or electrophilic stress, KEAP1 releases NRF2, thereby allowing the activator to translocate to the nucleus and bind to ARE-containing genes (2). The coordinated action of NRF2 and other transcription factors mediates the response to oxidative stress (3). Altered expression of NRF2 is associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (4). NRF2 activity in lung cancer cell lines directly correlates with cell proliferation rates, and inhibition of NRF2 expression by siRNA enhances anti-cancer drug-induced apoptosis (5).
- Cullinan, S.B. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 8477-86.
- Nguyen, T. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 32485-92.
- Jaiswal, A.K. (2004) Free Radic Biol Med 36, 1199-207.
- Suzuki, M. et al. (2008) Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39, 673-82.
- Homma, S. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 3423-32.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4617 KEAP1 (H436) Antibody
- 4678 KEAP1 (P586) Antibody
- 7705 KEAP1 (D1G10) Rabbit mAb
- 8047 KEAP1 (D6B12) Rabbit mAb
- 5285 SignalSilence® KEAP1 siRNA I
- 5289 SignalSilence® KEAP1 siRNA II
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.