Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
PICH (D4G8) Rabbit mAb #8886
|W||H Mk (Hm)||Endogenous||175||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PICH (D4G8) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PICH protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly610 of human PICH protein.
PICH is a helicase of the SNF2 family of ATPases and is essential for proper chromosome segregation during mitosis (1). While PICH was originally proposed to participate in spindle assembly checkpoint signaling (1), that function was subsequently called into question (2). When phosphorylated at Thr1063 by CDK1, PICH binds the polo-box domain of the mitotic kinase PLK1 (1) and targets it to chromosome arms (3), where it appears to facilitate proper chromosome arm cohesion (4). PICH is also a substrate of PLK1 (1). Localized to the cytoplasm during interphase, PICH begins to accumulate at centromeres and kinetochores in prometaphase (4). As chromosomes begin to separate at the onset of anaphase, PICH associates with ultrafine threads between sister centromeres thought to be composed of entangled DNA (5), a natural consequence of DNA replication. PICH is proposed to cooperate with BLM, a RecQ-like helicase implicated in the genetic disorder Bloom’s Syndrome, to displace centromeric histones along these threads, thus enabling them to span large distances without breaking (6). This provides a temporal window for topoisomerase IIα-mediated disentanglement (7). Defects in PICH or BLM disrupt proper chromatid segregation and result in the formation of micronuclei (6).
- Baumann, C. et al. (2007) Cell 128, 101-14.
- Hübner, N.C. et al. (2010) Chromosoma 119, 149-65.
- Leng, M. et al. (2008) Cell Cycle 7, 1480-9.
- Kurasawa, Y. and Yu-Lee, L.Y. (2010) Mol Biol Cell 21, 1188-99.
- Wang, L.H. et al. (2008) Chromosoma 117, 123-35.
- Ke, Y. et al. (2011) EMBO J 30, 3309-21.
- Nitiss, J.L. (2009) Nat Rev Cancer 9, 327-37.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9785 Polo-like Kinase Antibody Sampler Kit
- 5472 Phospho-PLK1 (Thr210) Antibody
- 4513 PLK1 (208G4) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.