Product Pathways - Growth Factors/Cytokines
Human Epidermal Growth Factor (hEGF) #8916
|8916LC||250 µg (With Carrier)||---||In Stock||---|
|8916LF||250 µg (Carrier Free)||---||In Stock||---|
|8916SC||50 µg (With Carrier)||---||In Stock||---|
|8916SF||50 µg (Carrier Free)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Recombinant human EGF (hEGF) Asn971-Arg1023 (Accession #NM_0011963) was produced in E. coli at Cell Signaling Technology.
Recombinant hEGF has a Met on the amino terminus and has a calculated MW of 6353. DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate as 6 kDa polypeptides. The expected amino-terminal MNSDS of recombinant hEGF was verified by amino acid sequencing.
>98% as determined by SDS-PAGE of 6 μg reduced (+) and non-reduced (-) recombinant hEGF. All lots are greater than 98% pure.
The bioactivity of recombinant hEGF was determined in a MCF10A cell proliferation assay. The ED50 of each lot is between 0.10-0.60 ng/ml.
The purity of recombinant hEGF was determined by SDS-PAGE of 6 µg reduced (+) and non-reduced (-) recombinant hEGF and staining overnight with Coomassie Blue.
The proliferation of MCF10A cells treated with increasing concentrations of hEGF was assessed. After 24 hr treatment, cells were labeled with BrdU for 4 hr. BrdU incorporation was determined by ELISA and the OD450-OD690 was determined.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A-431 cells, untreated or treated with hEGF for 10 minutes, using Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1173) (53A5) Rabbit mAb #4407 (upper) and EGF Receptor Antibody #2232 (lower).
Less than 0.01 ng endotoxin/1 μg hEGF.
With carrier: Lyophilized from a 0.22 μm filtered solution of PBS, pH 7.2 containing 20 μg BSA per 1 μg hEGF. Carrier free: Lyophilized from a 0.22 μm filtered solution of PBS, pH 7.2.
EGF is produced by epithelial cells, fibroblasts and many other cell types (1,2). Low molecular weight soluble EGF is generated through proteolysis of a larger ~130,000 molecular weight transmembrane precursor (1,2). Both soluble and membrane forms of EGF are active (2). EGF induces proliferation, differentiation, and survival of many cell types including tumor-derived cells (1,2, 3). There are multiple members of the EGF family and multiple members of the Erb/Her EGF receptor family. EGF binds to ErbB1/HER1 and induces homodimerization or induces heterodimerization with other Erb/Her members (1). Binding of EGF signals through the MAPK, PI3K/Akt, and STAT 5 pathways (1). EGF, EGF family members, EGF receptors and their signaling pathways are involved in many cancers and are targets for therapeutic intervention (1, 2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4407 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1173) (53A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2232 EGF Receptor Antibody
- 2234 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) Antibody
- 2236 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1068) (1H12) Mouse mAb
- 2646 EGF Receptor (C74B9) Rabbit mAb
- 9922 Phospho-EGF Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2231 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr845) Antibody
- 2235 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr992) Antibody
- 2237 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1045) Antibody
- 2238 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Ser1046/1047) Antibody
- 2220 Phospho-EGF Receptor (Tyr1086) Antibody
- 4405 EGF Receptor (15F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2239 EGF Receptor (1F4) Mouse mAb
- 2256 EGF Receptor (EGFR1) Mouse mAb (IP Specific)
- 2963 EGF Receptor (T43) Antibody
- 3265 EGF Receptor (V279) Antibody
- 8102 SignalSlide® Phospho-EGF Receptor IHC Controls
- 9872 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-1X) pH7.2 (Sterile)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.