Product Pathways - Neuroscience
ApoE4 (4E4) Mouse mAb #8941
|8941S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8941||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
ApoE4 (4E4) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ApoE4 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with ApoE2 or ApoE3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg130 of human ApoE4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with a construct expressing full-length human ApoE2 (hApoE2; +), ApoE3 (hApoE3; +), or ApoE4 (hApoE4; +), using ApoE4 (4E4) Mouse mAb (upper) or a pan ApoE antibody (lower).
Apolipoproteins are plasma lipoproteins that function as transporters of lipids and cholesterol in the circulatory system. Chylomicrons are a fundamental class of apolipoproteins containing very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL), intermediate-density lipoproteins (IDL), low-density lipoproteins (LDL), and high-density lipoproteins (HDL) (1,2).
Human ApoE has three isoforms: ApoE2, ApoE3, and ApoE4. These three isoforms differ in the combination of cysteine and arginine residues located at positions 130 and 176. The ApoE4 isoform contains arginine at both locations. Research studies have linked ApoE4 function to neuronal plasticity, synaptogenesis, and neurodegenerative diseases (3). ApoE4 is produced in the liver and brain, although it is widely expressed in other tissues, such as the lung, spleen, and ovary. Investigators have established the ApoE4 allele as a genetic risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease (AD), accounting for 50-60% of the genetic variation in the disease (4). Research studies indicate that patients expressing ApoE4 have a reduced capacity for synaptic plasticity, an earlier age of onset of AD, and an increase in amyloid-beta (Aβ) deposition. The increase in Aβ suggests a role for ApoE4 in the impairment of amyloid clearance (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2837 Neurofilament-L (C28E10) Rabbit mAb
- 9784 Alzheimer Disease Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 5606 BACE (D10E5) Rabbit mAb
- 5676 GSK-3α/β (D75D3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8243 β-Amyloid (D54D2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4179 α-Synuclein (D37A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 11834 Phospho-Tau (Ser202) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.