Product Pathways - Protein Stability
TIMP1 (D10E6) Rabbit mAb #8946
|8946S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8946||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||26||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
TIMP1 (D10E6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TIMP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala134 of human TIMP1 protein.
TIMPs are members of the family of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) that includes TIMP1, TIMP2, TIMP3, and TIMP4. The main function of TIMPs is their inhibitory effect on MMPs. TIMPs irreversibly inactivate MMPs by direct binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor and resultant inhibition of proteinase function (1,2). In addition to MMP inhibition, TIMPs have also been shown to interact with various membrane receptors on the cell surface. Some of these interactions include: TIMP1 with CD63, TIMP2 with α3β1 integrin, and TIMP3 with VEGFR2, all of which result in distinct cellular effects (3). TIMPs are involved in a wide variety of biological functions, such as tumor angiogenesis and progression (4,5), wound healing, and vascular remodeling (6,7). Mutations in TIMP3 are associated with Sorsby's fundus dystrophy (8,9).
- Nagase, H. et al. (2006) Cardiovasc Res 69, 562-73.
- Visse, R. and Nagase, H. (2003) Circ Res 92, 827-39.
- Stetler-Stevenson, W.G. (2008) Sci Signal 1, re6.
- Noel, A. et al. (2004) J Clin Pathol 57, 577-84.
- Hojilla, C.V. et al. (2003) Br J Cancer 89, 1817-21.
- Gill, S.E. and Parks, W.C. (2008) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40, 1334-47.
- Raffetto, J.D. and Khalil, R.A. (2008) Biochem Pharmacol 75, 346-59.
- Weber, B.H. et al. (1994) Nat Genet 8, 352-6.
- Yeow, K.M. et al. (2002) Matrix Biol 21, 75-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5738 TIMP2 (D18B7) Rabbit mAb
- 5673 TIMP3 (D74B10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.