Product Pathways - Metabolism
PLA2G1B Antibody #8962
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PLA2G1B Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total PLA2G1B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala131 of human PLA2G1B protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is a superfamily of enzymes that hydrolyze glycero-3-phosphocholines and release fatty acids and lysophospholipids (1). PLA2G1B is a member of this superfamily in the 1B group that is expressed most highly in the pancreatic acinar cells (2). Evidence suggests that PLA2G1B plays a role in the absorption and storage of extra energy as fats are metabolized (1,2). Lysophospholipids generated by PLA2G1B inhibit fatty acid oxidation in the liver and reduce energy expenditure, leading to diet-induced obesity and type 2 diabetes with a high fat diet (1). Therefore, a potential intervention of obesity and diabetes could target PLA2G1B in the digestive tract (2).
- Labonté, E.D. et al. (2010) FASEB J 24, 2516-24.
- Cash, J.G. et al. (2010) Int J Obes (Lond), Epub ahead of print.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2831 Phospho-cPLA2 (Ser505) Antibody
- 2832 cPLA2 Antibody
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 5249 cPLA2 (D49A7) Rabbit mAb
- 4510 Phospho-PLCγ1 (Ser1248) Antibody
- 3832 PLD1 Antibody
- 3834 Phospho-PLD1 (Ser561) Antibody
- 3831 Phospho-PLD1 (Thr147) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.