Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
NuMA (D49H4) Rabbit mAb #8967
|W IF-IC||H Mk||Endogenous||238||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NuMA (D49H4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total NuMA protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human NuMA protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using NuMA (D49H4) Rabbit mAb.
The nuclear mitotic apparatus protein (NuMA) is a coiled coil protein involved in the formation and maintenance of the mitotic spindle. NuMA plays a role in chromatin organization during interphase, which influences mammary epithelial differentiation (1,2). During apoptosis, carboxy-terminal cleavage of NuMA may amplify signaling in the cell death pathway (2). NuMA is phosphorylated at numerous sites, with phosphorylation at Ser395 occurring in an ATM/ATR-dependent manner in response to DNA damage (3,4).
- Abad, P.C. et al. (2007) Mol Biol Cell 18, 348-61.
- Lin, H.H. et al. (2007) J Biomed Sci 14, 681-94.
- Stokes, M.P. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 19855-60.
- Matsuoka, S. et al. (2007) Science 316, 1160-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3888 NuMA Antibody
- 3429 Phospho-NuMA (Ser395) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.