Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) #8978
|F||H Mk||Endogenous||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (89 kDa) of human PARP1 protein produced by caspase cleavage. The antibody does not recognize full length PARP1 or other PARP isoforms.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp214 of human PARP protein.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to phycoerythrin (PE) and tested in-house for direct flow cytometry analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb #5625.
PARP, a 116 kDa nuclear poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase, appears to be involved in DNA repair in response to environmental stress (1). This protein can be cleaved by many ICE-like caspases in vitro (2,3) and is one of the main cleavage targets of caspase-3 in vivo (4,5). In human PARP, the cleavage occurs between Asp214 and Gly215, which separates the PARP amino-terminal DNA binding domain (24 kDa) from the carboxy-terminal catalytic domain (89 kDa) (2,4). PARP helps cells to maintain their viability; cleavage of PARP facilitates cellular disassembly and serves as a marker of cells undergoing apoptosis (6).
- Satoh, M.S. and Lindahl, T. (1992) Nature 356, 356-358.
- Lazebnik, Y. A. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 346-347.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem. J. 326, 1-16.
- Nicholson, D. W. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 37-43.
- Tewari, M. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 801-809.
- Oliver, F.J. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 33533-33539.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9978 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate)
- 5625 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9148 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (D64E10) XP® Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.