Product Pathways - Protein Folding
AGR2 Antibody #8992
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AGR2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total AGR2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala29 of human AGR2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Anterior gradient homolog 2 (AGR2) is a member of the Protein Disulfide Isomerase (PDI) family of proteins, and a homolog of the Xenopus laevis cement gland protein (1). In normal human tissues, AGR2 is expressed most abundantly in intestinal cells. It is also overexpressed in a number of adenocarcinomas, including those derived from breast, pancreas, ovary, prostate, and esophagus (2-4). In vitro and in vivo studies have shown that AGR2 positively regulates cell growth and division, while its overexpression can promote cell transformation (5,6). The latter functions of AGR2 were shown to involve YAP1-mediated up-regulation of amphiregulin expression, implicating AGR2 in both the EGF and Hippo kinase signaling pathways (6).
- Maresh, E.L. et al. (2010) BMC Cancer 10, 680.
- Pizzi, M. et al. (2012) Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 20, 31-6.
- Wang, Z. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 492-7.
- Park, K. et al. (2011) Exp Mol Med 43, 91-100.
- Vanderlaag, K.E. et al. (2010) Breast Cancer Res 12, R32.
- Dong, A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 18301-10.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 8418 YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb
- 4911 Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
- 2149 TAZ Antibody
- 4883 TAZ (V386) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.