Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
BRCA1 (D54A8) Rabbit mAb #9025
|W IP||H||Endogenous||220||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BRCA1 (D54A8) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total BRCA1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human BRCA1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using BRCA1 (D54A8) Rabbit mAb.
The breast cancer susceptibility proteins BRCA1 and BRCA2 are frequently mutated in cases of hereditary breast and ovarian cancers and have roles in multiple processes related to DNA damage, repair, cell cycle progression, transcription, ubiquitination, and apoptosis (1-4). BRCA2 has been shown to be required for localization of Rad51 to sites of double stranded breaks (DSBs) in DNA, and cells lacking BRCA1 and BRCA2 cannot repair DSBs through the Rad51-dependent process of homologous recombination (HR) (5). Numerous DNA damage-induced phosphorylation sites on BRCA1 have been identified, including Ser988, 1189, 1387, 1423, 1457, 1524 and 1542, and kinases activated in a cell cycle-dependent manner, including Aurora A and CDK2, can also phosphorylate BRCA1 at Ser308 and Ser1497, respectively (6-10). Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation of BRCA2 at Ser3291 by CDKs has been proposed as a mechanism to switch off HR as cells progress beyond S-phase by blocking the carboxy terminal Rad51 binding site (11).
- Rahman, N. and Stratton, M.R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Genet. 32, 95-121.
- Gayther, S. A. et al. (1999) Am. J. Hum. Genet. 65, 1021-1029.
- Kerr, P. and Ashworth, A. (2001) Curr. Biol. 11, R668-R676.
- Scully, R. and Livingston, D.M. (2000) Nature 408, 429-432.
- Tutt, A. and Ashworth, A. (2002) Trends Mol. Med. 8, 571-576.
- Okada, S. and Ouchi, T. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 2015-2020.
- Cortez, D. et al. (1999) Science 286, 1162-1166.
- Xu, B. et al. (2002) Cancer Res. 62, 4588-4591.
- Ouchi, M. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 19643-19648.
- Ruffner, H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 4843-4854.
- Esashi, F. et al. (2005) Nature 434, 598-604.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5883 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (D6H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 9012 BRCA2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.