Product Pathways - Adhesion
Integrin α2b Antibody #9028
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Integrin α2b Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total integrin α2b protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human integrin α2b protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Integrins are α/β heterodimeric cell surface receptors that play a pivotal role in cell adhesion and migration, as well as in growth and survival (1,2). The integrin family contains at least 18 α and 8 β subunits that form 24 known integrins with distinct tissue distribution and overlapping ligand specificities (3). Integrins not only transmit signals to cells in response to the extracellular environment (outside-in signaling), but also sense intracellular cues to alter their interaction with the extracellular environment (inside-out signaling) (1,2).
Integrin α2b is a cell-surface adhesion molecule that undergoes proteolytic cleavage to yield disulfide-linked heavy and light chains, which together with glycoprotein IIIb forms a major fibrinogen receptor in activated platelets (3). Researchers have shown a link between mutations in the ITGA2B and Glanzmann’s thrombasthenia (GT), a platelet function defect characterized by lack of platelet aggregation (4,5).
- Hood, J.D. and Cheresh, D.A. (2002) Nat Rev Cancer 2, 91-100.
- Liu, S. et al. (2000) J Cell Sci 113 ( Pt 20), 3563-71.
- Calvete, J.J. et al. (1990) FEBS Lett 272, 37-40.
- Vannier, C. et al. (2010) Klin Padiatr 222, 150-3.
- Nurden, A.T. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 5996-6005.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.