Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SPT5 Antibody #9033
|W||H M R Mk (Hm) (B) (Dg) (GP) (Hr)||Endogenous||150||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog GP=Guinea Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SPT5 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total SPT5 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly803 of human SPT5 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
DRB-sensitivity inducing factor (DSIF), a heterodimer composed of SPT4 and SPT5, is capable of both facilitating and inhibiting RNA polymerase II (RNAPII) activity (1-3). DSIF, together with NELF (Negative Elongation Factor), inhibits RNAPII elongation, resulting in promoter proximal pausing of RNAPII as it awaits additional signaling to resume transcription (4). The release of promoter proximal pausing is signaled through phosphorylation of the RNAPII C-terminal domain (CTD) and NELF by positive transcription elongation factor (P-TEFb) (5). P-TEFb also phosphorylates SPT5 at Thr4 within the evolutionarily conserved heptapeptide repeat motif. This phosphorylation event switches DSIF from a transcriptional repressor to an activator where it becomes a critical factor for transcriptional elongation (6,7).
- Wada, T. et al. (1998) Genes Dev 12, 343-56.
- Saunders, A. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7, 557-67.
- Gomes, N.P. et al. (2006) Genes Dev 20, 601-12.
- Yamaguchi, Y. et al. (1999) Cell 97, 41-51.
- Buratowski, S. (2009) Mol Cell 36, 541-6.
- Wada, T. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 7395-403.
- Yamada, T. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 21, 227-37.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8744 Cyclin T1 Antibody
- 2316 CDK9 (C12F7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.