Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
NDP52 Antibody #9036
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NDP52 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total NDP52 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro372 of human NDP52 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct encoding full-length human NDP52 (hNDP52; +), using NDP52 Antibody.
NDP52 (CALCOCO2) is ubiquitously expressed and composed of an amino-terminal SKICH domain, followed by a coiled-coil domain, and two zinc finger domains (1). It has recently been reported to act as an autophagy receptor that binds cytosolic ubiquitinated bacteria, leading to autophagy activation and pathogen clearance (1-3). NDP52 binds ubiquitin through its zinc finger domain and simultaneously binds LC3, which directs the bacteria into autophagosomes. In addition, NDP52 interacts with Nap1 and SINTBAD to recruit TBK1 to ubiquitinated bacteria (1).
- Thurston, T.L. et al. (2009) Nat Immunol 10, 1215-21.
- Cemma, M. et al. (2011) Autophagy 7, 341-5.
- Mostowy, S. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 26987-95.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.