Product Pathways - Development
NDRG4 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb #9039
|W IP IHC-P IF-F||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||37-45||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NDRG4 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NDRG4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly217 of human NDRG4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human cerebellum, mouse brain, and rat brain using NDRG4 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using NDRG4 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human NDRG4 (hNDRG4-Myc/DDK, +), using NDRG4 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistichemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using NDRG4 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse brain using NDRG4 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide(right).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of adult mouse brain using NDRG4 (D4A6) Rabbit mAb and Neurofilament-L (C28E10) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #8039 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The NDRG (N-Myc downstream-regulated gene) family, consisting of NDRG1, NDRG2, NDRG3, and NDRG4, are a group of structurally related proteins with roles in cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, stress responses, and cell migration/metastasis (1-3). NDRG1 was originally identified as a protein that was up-regulated in N-Myc knockout mice (1). Proteins in the NDRG family, particularly NDRG1 and NDRG2, have been reported to be down-regulated in various cancer tissues, and have been suggested to function as a tumor suppressors (4,5).
Unlike other members of the family that are widely expressed, NDRG4/Bdm1 expression is restricted primarily to the heart and brain (2,3,6,7). Multiple alternatively spliced isoforms of NDRG4 have been reported (3,7). Expression of NDRG4 is reduced in the brain of patients with Alzheimer's disease (3). In contrast, NDRG4 expression is elevated in glioblastoma and contributes to cell cycle progression and survival (8). NDRG4 also may be inactivated by promotor methylation in colorectal cancer and function as a tumor suppressor gene (9).
- Shimono, A. et al. (1999) Mech Dev 83, 39-52.
- Qu, X. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biochem 229, 35-44.
- Zhou, R.H. et al. (2001) Genomics 73, 86-97.
- Yao, L. et al. (2008) Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 40, 625-35.
- Ellen, T.P. et al. (2008) Carcinogenesis 29, 2-8.
- Yamauchi, Y. et al. (1999) Brain Res Mol Brain Res 68, 149-58.
- Nakada, N. et al. (2002) Brain Res Dev Brain Res 135, 45-53.
- Schilling, S.H. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 25160-9.
- Melotte, V. et al. (2009) J Natl Cancer Inst 101, 916-27.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.