Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
PIAS3 (D5F9) XP® Rabbit mAb #9042
|W IP IF-IC||H (Mk)||Endogenous||65-75||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PIAS3 (D5F9) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PIAS3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro590 of human PIAS3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from RD cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® PIAS3 siRNA I #9073 (+), or SignalSilence® PIAS3 siRNA II #9031 (+), using PIAS3 (D5F9) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). The PIAS3 (D5F9) XP® Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of PIAS3 expression, while the β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PIAS3 (D5F9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing full-length human PIAS3 (hPIAS3; +), using PIAS3 (D5F9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The protein inhibitor of activated Stat (PIAS) proteins, which include PIAS1, PIAS3, PIASx, and PIASy, were originally characterized based on their interaction with the Stat family of transcription factors (1,2). PIAS1, PIAS3, and PIASx interact with and repress Stat1, Stat3, and Stat4, respectively (1-3). Deletion of PIAS1 leads to inhibition of interferon-inducible genes and increased protection against infection (4). The PIAS family contains a conserved RING domain that has been linked to a function as a small ubiquitin-related modifier (SUMO) ligase, coupling the SUMO conjugating enzyme Ubc9 with its substrate proteins (5,6). Numerous studies have now shown that PIAS family members can regulate the activity of transcription factors through distinct mechanisms, including NF-κB (7,8), c-Jun, p53 (5,9), Oct-4 (10), and Smads (11,12). The activity of PIAS1 is regulated by both phosphorylation and arginine methylation. Inflammatory stimuli can induce IKK-mediated phosphorylation of PIAS1 at Ser90, which is required for its activity (13). In addition, PRMT1 induces arginine methylation of PIAS1 at Arg303 following interferon treatment and is associated with its repressive activity on Stat1 (14).
- Liu, B. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 10626-31.
- Chung, C.D. et al. (1997) Science 278, 1803-5.
- Arora, T. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 21327-30.
- Liu, B. et al. (2004) Nat Immunol 5, 891-8.
- Schmidt, D. and Müller, S. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 2872-7.
- Kotaja, N. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 5222-34.
- Liu, B. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 1113-23.
- Tahk, S. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 11643-8.
- Bischof, O. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 22, 783-94.
- Tolkunova, E. et al. (2007) J Mol Biol 374, 1200-12.
- Long, J. et al. (2004) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101, 99-104.
- Murdoch, R.N. and Edwards, T. (1992) Biochem Int 28, 1029-37.
- Liu, B. et al. (2007) Cell 129, 903-14.
- Weber, S. et al. (2009) Genes Dev 23, 118-32.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.