Product Pathways - Neuroscience
MAG (D4G3) XP® Rabbit mAb #9043
|9043S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9043P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9043||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||100||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAG (D4G3) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MAG protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg605 of human MAG protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse brain, rat brain, and human cerebellum using MAG (D4G3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Myelin-associated glycoprotein (MAG), which contains five immunoglobulin-like domains, is a highly glycosylated protein (1). MAG is a component of all myelinated internodes, whether formed by oligodendrocytes in the central nervous system (CNS) or by Schwann cells in the peripheral nervous system (PNS) (2), and has several functions. A known function of MAG is its inhibition of axonal regeneration after injury. It inhibits axonal outgrowth from adult dorsal root ganglion and in postnatal cerebellar, retinal, spinal, hippocampal, and superior cervical ganglion neurons (3). Interaction between MAG and several other molecules on the innermost wrap of myelin and complementary receptors on the opposing axon surface are required for long-term axon stability. Without MAG, myelin is still expressed, but long-term axon degeneration and altered axon cytoskeleton structure can be seen (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5663 Musashi-1 (D46A8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5664 CNPase (D83E10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5568 β3-Tubulin (D71G9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4466 β3-Tubulin (TU-20) Mouse mAb
- 8707 MAP2 (D5G1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3670 GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb
- 12275 MAG (D10H1) Rabbit mAb
- 2837 Neurofilament-L (C28E10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.