Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Miz-1 Antibody #9044
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Miz-1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Miz-1 protein. This antibody cross-reacts with a 60 kDa protein of unknown origin in some cell lines.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro158 of human Miz-1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human Miz-1 (hMiz-1-Myc/DDK; +), using Miz-1 Antibody.
Miz-1 (Zbtb17) is a poxvirus and zinc finger (POZ) transcription factor with an amino-terminal BTB/POZ domain and 13 carboxy-terminal zinc finger domains. Miz-1 plays a key role in cell cycle control through activation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors p15, INK4B, and p21 Waf1/Cip1 (1-4). The transcriptional activity of Miz-1 is repressed through direct interaction with Myc (1-4). In the presence of DNA damage, Myc is recruited to the p21 Waf1/Cip1 promoter by Miz-1 and blocks p53-mediated induction of p21 Waf1/Cip1, ultimately resulting in p53-mediated apoptosis rather than cell cycle arrest (4). Miz-1 also plays a role during lymphocyte development. In developing B and T cells, Miz-1 represses suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1) expression, which enables signaling through the IL-7 receptor and upregulation of the pro-survival protein Bcl-2 (5,6).
- Peukert, K. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 5672-86.
- Seoane, J. et al. (2001) Nat Cell Biol 3, 400-8.
- Staller, P. et al. (2001) Nat Cell Biol 3, 392-9.
- Seoane, J. et al. (2002) Nature 419, 729-34.
- Kosan, C. et al. (2010) Immunity 33, 917-28.
- Saba, I. et al. (2011) Blood 117, 3370-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.