Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Podoplanin (D9D7) Rabbit mAb #9047
|W IP||H||Endogenous||36||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Podoplanin (D9D7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total podoplanin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp31 of human podoplanin protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Podoplanin (D9D7) Rabbit mAb.
Podoplanin (aggrus, glycoprotein 36) is a single-pass transmembrane protein belonging to the type-1 family of sialomucin-like glycoproteins. Podoplanin was first described in the rat as a surface glycoprotein that regulated podocyte morphology (1). It is now commonly used as a marker of lymphatic endothelial cells, where its expression is associated with the process of lymphangiogenesis (2). Its role in this regard is presumably due to its putative involvement in regulating actin cytoskeleton dynamics (3). Research studies have shown that podoplanin expression is upregulated in a number of tumor types including colorectal cancers (4), oral squamous cell carcinomas (5), and germ cell tumors (6), with higher expression levels often associated with more aggressive tumors (7). Research studies have suggested a functional role for podoplanin in the stromal microenvironment of tumors. For example, it has been reported that podoplanin expression in cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAFs) is positively associated with a stromal environment that promotes cancer progression (8,9).
- Breiteneder-Geleff, S. et al. (1997) Am J Pathol 151, 1141-52.
- Breiteneder-Geleff, S. et al. (1999) Am J Pathol 154, 385-94.
- Wicki, A. et al. (2006) Cancer Cell 9, 261-72.
- Omachi, T. et al. (2007) Cancer Lett 246, 167-72.
- Feng, J.Q. et al. (2012) Oral Oncol 48, 848-852.
- Mishima, K. et al. (2006) Acta Neuropathol 111, 563-8.
- Raica, M. et al. Anticancer Res 28, 2997-3006.
- Schoppmann, S.F. et al. (2012) Breast Cancer Res Treat 134, 237-44.
- Ito, M. et al. (2012) Chest 142, 151-158.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9961 Cadherin-Catenin Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8614 Cytoskeletal Marker Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4970 β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.