Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Dectin-1 Antibody #9051
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dectin-1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Dectin-1 protein. This antibody cross-reacts with an 80 kDa protein of unknown origin. Alternative splicing of the Dectin-1 transcript can lead to eight isoforms with predicted molecular weights ranging from 5-27 kDa. Glycosylation causes Dectin-1 to run higher than its predicted molecular weight.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human Dectin-1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human Dectin-1 (hDectin-1-Myc/DDK; +), using Dectin-1 Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MUTZ-3 cells undifferentiated (-) or differentiated (+) into interstitial dendritic cells with Human Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (hGM-CSF) #8922 (100 ng/ml), Human Interleukin-4 (hIL-4) #8919 (100 ng/ml), and Human Tumor Necrosis Factor-α (hTNF-α) #8902 (2.5 ng/ml) for 8 d, using Dectin-1 Antibody (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Dectin-1 is a C-type lectin receptor expressed by macrophages, monocytes, dendrtic cells, neutrophils, and a subset of γδ T cells (1,2). Dectin-1 is a glycoprotein with eight different isoforms, generated through alternative splicing (3-5). It plays an important role in anti-fungal immunity by acting as a pattern recognition receptor for β-glucans found on the cell wall of fungi and some bacteria (5,6). Dectin-1 is composed of a short amino-terminal cytoplasmic domain containing an ITAM-like motif, a transmembrane domain, and an extracellular carboxy-terminal C-type lectin domain (5). Dectin-1 recognizes β-glucans through its C-type lectin domain and transduces signals through its ITAM-like motif by recruiting and activating Syk (7,8). Dendritic cells activated through Dectin-1 promote differentiation of Th17 cells by producing IL-6 and IL-23 (9).
- Taylor, P.R. et al. (2002) J Immunol 169, 3876-82.
- Martin, B. et al. (2009) Immunity 31, 321-30.
- Ariizumi, K. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 20157-67.
- Kato, Y. et al. (2006) Biol Pharm Bull 29, 1580-6.
- Willment, J.A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 43818-23.
- Brown, G.D. and Gordon, S. (2001) Nature 413, 36-7.
- Rogers, N.C. et al. (2005) Immunity 22, 507-17.
- Underhill, D.M. et al. (2005) Blood 106, 2543-50.
- LeibundGut-Landmann, S. et al. (2007) Nat Immunol 8, 630-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.