Product Pathways - Autophagy Signaling
MTMR14 Antibody #9057
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MTMR14 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total MTMR14 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg500 of human MTMR14 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Myotubularin-related protein 14 (MTMR14), also known as Jumpy, is a myotubularin-related phosphoinositol-3-phosphate (PI3P) phosphatase (1). Mutations in the MTMR14 gene have been associated with centronuclear myopathy (1). MTMR14 deficiency in mice leads to altered calcium homeostasis and muscle disorders (2). MTMR14 has also been shown to play a role in autophagy, a process that is highly regulated by phosphatidylinositides through the type III PI3K, Vps34 (3). MTMR14 was localized to autophagic isolation membranes and early autophagosomes (3). In these studies, MTMR14 inhibited autophagy and mutations of MTMR14 associated with centronuclear myopathy were also defective in autophagy inhibition. In zebrafish, MTMR14 knockdown was shown to increase the number of autophagosomes, suggesting that its activity is associated with an inhibition of autophagy (4).
- Tosch, V. et al. (2006) Hum Mol Genet 15, 3098-106.
- Shen, J. et al. (2009) Nat Cell Biol 11, 769-76.
- Vergne, I. et al. (2009) EMBO J 28, 2244-58.
- Gibbs, E.M. et al. (2010) Autophagy 6, 819-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.