Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Spinophilin Antibody #9061
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||130||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Spinophilin Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total spinophilin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala369 of human spinophilin protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Spinophilin is an 815 amino acid protein composed of a PDZ domain, 2 actin-binding domains, a receptor- and PP1-binding domain, three coiled-coiled domains, a potential leucine/isoleucine zipper motif, and three potential SH3 domains (1). Spinophilin interacts with a large number of proteins including ion channel components and G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). Spinophilin also interacts with actin filaments; phosphorylation of spinophilin at Ser94 and Ser177 disrupts this interaction (2). Spinophilin has been shown to affect GPCR function through two different mechanisms: spinophilin acts as a functional inhibitor of α-2 adrenergic receptor-mediated arrestin signaling by competing with GRK2 binding to the adrenergic receptor (3) and spinophilin facilitates μ-opioid receptor desensitization by promoting receptor endocytosis (4).
- Sarrouilhe, D. et al. (2006) Biochimie 88, 1099-113.
- Hsieh-Wilson, L.C. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 1186-94.
- Wang, Q. et al. (2004) Science 304, 1940-4.
- Charlton, J.J. et al. (2008) Neuron 58, 238-47.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3401 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Ser97) (D11A5) Rabbit mAb
- 5393 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr34) (D29E8) Rabbit mAb
- 3857 β-Arrestin 2 (C16D9) Rabbit mAb
- 4674 β-Arrestin 1/2 (D24H9) Rabbit mAb
- 3982 GRK2 Antibody
- 5878 GRK6 (D1A4) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.