Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
HEXIM1 Antibody #9064
|W IP||H Mk (B) (Dg) (Hr)||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HEXIM1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total HEXIM1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human HEXIM1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Hexamethylene bis-acetamide-inducible protein 1 (HEXIM1) was originally identified in vascular smooth muscle cells as a protein that is upregulated upon treatment with the differentiating agent hexamethylene bisacetamide (1). HEXIM1 binds 7SK RNA, a highly abundant non-coding RNA, and together they act as a potent inhibitor of positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb) (2,3). P-TEFb phosphorylates the C-terminal domain of the largest subunit of RNA polymerase II and is an important regulator of transcription elongation (4-8). 7SK RNA-bound HEXIM1 interacts with the cyclin T1 subunit of P-TEFb, sequestering P-TEFb in an inactive form leading to transcription inhibition (2,3). The regulation of the relative ratio of inactive to active P-TEFb in the cell by HEXIM1/7SK RNA is thought to play a critical role in regulation of a wide range of cellular gene expression programs such as estrogen and glucocorticoid receptor regulated genes (9-12).
- Ouchida, R. et al. (2003) Genes Cells 8, 95-107.
- Michels, A.A. et al. (2004) EMBO J 23, 2608-19.
- Yik, J.H. et al. (2003) Mol Cell 12, 971-82.
- Buratowski, S. (2009) Mol Cell 36, 541-6.
- Lenasi, T. and Barboric, M. RNA Biol 7, 145-50.
- Pirngruber, J. et al. (2009) Cell Cycle 8, 3636-42.
- Wada, T. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 7395-403.
- Yamada, T. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 21, 227-37.
- Peterlin, B.M. et al. (2012) Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA 3, 92-103.
- Ketchart, W. et al. (2011) Oncogene 30, 3563-9.
- Ogba, N. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 7015-24.
- Shimizu, N. et al. (2005) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102, 8555-60.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8744 Cyclin T1 Antibody
- 2316 CDK9 (C12F7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.