Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
RBAP46/RBAP48 (D4F8) Rabbit mAb #9067
|9067S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9067||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Chicken, Guinea Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RBAP46/RBAP48 (D4F8) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RBAP46 and RBAP48 proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human RBAP48 protein.
Retinoblastoma-associated proteins 46 and 48 (RBAP46 and RBAP48; also known as RBBP7 and RBBP4) were first characterized in human cells as proteins that bind to the retinoblastoma (Rb) tumor suppressor protein (1). Since then, these proteins have been shown to be components of many protein complexes involved in chromatin regulation, including the chromatin assembly factor 1 (CAF-1) complex and type B histone acetyltransferase complex HAT1, both of which function in chromatin assembly during DNA replication (2,3). RBAP46 and RBAP48 are also found in the nucleosome remodeling factor complex NURF, the nucleosome remodeling and histone de-acetylation complex NuRD, and the Sin3/HDAC histone de-acetylation complex (4-7). More recently, RBAP46 and RBAP48 were identified as components of the polycomb repressor complex PRC2, which also contains EED and Ezh2 (8). RBAP46 and RBAP48 bind to the histone fold region of histone H4 and are believed to target these chromatin remodeling, histone acetylation, and histone de-acetylation complexes to their histone substrates (3).
- Qian, Y.W. et al. (1993) Nature 364, 648-52.
- Verreault, A. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 95-104.
- Verreault, A. et al. (1998) Curr Biol 8, 96-108.
- Barak, O. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 6089-100.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 1924-35.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 357-64.
- Kuzmichev, A. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 2893-905.
- Cao, R. et al. (2002) Science 298, 1039-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6882 RBAP46 (V415) Antibody
- 4241 CHD3 Antibody
- 4245 CHD4 Antibody
- 5356 HDAC1 (10E2) Mouse mAb
- 5113 HDAC2 (3F3) Mouse mAb
- 2540 HDAC2 Antibody
- 5647 MTA1 (D40D1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5646 MTA1 (D17G10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.