Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Lamin B1 Antibody #9087
|W||H M R (Mk) (B) (Dg) (Pg)||Endogenous||68, 45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Lamin B1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total lamin B1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys415 of human lamin B1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Lamins are nuclear membrane structural components that are important in maintaining normal cell functions, such as cell cycle control, DNA replication, and chromatin organization (1-3). Lamins have been subdivided into types A and B. Type-A lamins consist of lamin A and C, which arise from alternative splicing of the lamin A gene LMNA. Lamin A and C are cleaved by caspases into large (41-50 kDa) and small (28 kDa) fragments, which can be used as markers for apoptosis (4,5). Type-B lamins consist of lamin B1 and B2, encoded by separate genes (6-8). Lamin B1 is also cleaved by caspases during apoptosis (9). Research studies have shown that duplication of the lamin B1 gene LMNB1 is correlated with pathogenesis of the neurological disorder adult-onset leukodystrophy (10).
- Gruenbaum, Y. et al. (2000) J Struct Biol 129, 313-23.
- Goldberg, M. et al. (1999) Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 9, 285-93.
- Yabuki, M. et al. (1999) Physiol Chem Phys Med NMR 31, 77-84.
- Rao, L. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 1441-55.
- Orth, K. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 16443-6.
- Biamonti, G. et al. (1992) Mol Cell Biol 12, 3499-506.
- Lin, F. and Worman, H.J. (1995) Genomics 27, 230-6.
- Pollard, K.M. et al. (1990) Mol Cell Biol 10, 2164-75.
- Chandler, J.M. et al. (1997) Biochem J 322 ( Pt 1), 19-23.
- Padiath, Q.S. et al. (2006) Nat Genet 38, 1114-23.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.