Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
p42 MAP Kinase (Erk2) Antibody #9108
|9108S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9108||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||42||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
p42 MAP Kinase (Erk2) Antibody detects endogenous levels of p42 MAP kinase (Erk2). The antibody does not recognize p38 MAP kinase, p44 MAP kinase (Erk1) or SAPK/JNK.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human p42 MAP kinase (Erk2). Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-) or SignalSilence® Pool p42 MAPK siRNA or single-duplex SignalSilence® p42 MAPK siRNA (+), using p42 MAP Kinase (Erk2) Antibody #9108 and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. The p42 MAP Kinase (Erk2) Antibody confirms silencing of p42 expression and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of p42 siRNA.
Mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) are a widely conserved family of serine/threonine protein kinases involved in many cellular programs, such as cell proliferation, differentiation, motility, and death. The p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) signaling pathway can be activated in response to a diverse range of extracellular stimuli including mitogens, growth factors, and cytokines (1-3), and research investigators consider it an important target in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer (4). Upon stimulation, a sequential three-part protein kinase cascade is initiated, consisting of a MAP kinase kinase kinase (MAPKKK or MAP3K), a MAP kinase kinase (MAPKK or MAP2K), and a MAP kinase (MAPK). Multiple p44/42 MAP3Ks have been identified, including members of the Raf family, as well as Mos and Tpl2/COT. MEK1 and MEK2 are the primary MAPKKs in this pathway (5,6). MEK1 and MEK2 activate p44 and p42 through phosphorylation of activation loop residues Thr202/Tyr204 and Thr185/Tyr187, respectively. Several downstream targets of p44/42 have been identified, including p90RSK (7) and the transcription factor Elk-1 (8,9). p44/42 are negatively regulated by a family of dual-specificity (Thr/Tyr) MAPK phosphatases, known as DUSPs or MKPs (10), along with MEK inhibitors, such as U0126 and PD98059.
- Roux, P.P. and Blenis, J. (2004) Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 68, 320-44.
- Baccarini, M. (2005) FEBS Lett 579, 3271-7.
- Meloche, S. and Pouysségur, J. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3227-39.
- Roberts, P.J. and Der, C.J. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3291-310.
- Rubinfeld, H. and Seger, R. (2005) Mol Biotechnol 31, 151-74.
- Murphy, L.O. and Blenis, J. (2006) Trends Biochem Sci 31, 268-75.
- Dalby, K.N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1496-505.
- Marais, R. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 381-93.
- Kortenjann, M. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 4815-24.
- Owens, D.M. and Keyse, S.M. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3203-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9194 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Control Cell Extracts
- 9107 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (3A7) Mouse mAb
- 4372 p44 MAP Kinase (Erk1) Antibody
- 4695 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (137F5) Rabbit mAb
- 4696 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (L34F12) Mouse mAb
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 4370 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (D13.14.4E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4376 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (20G11) Rabbit mAb
- 4377 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (197G2) Rabbit mAb
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 8103 SignalSlide® Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) IHC Controls
- 9926 MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9100 PhosphoPlus® p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody Kit
- 9911 Phospho-Erk1/2 Pathway Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.