Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody #9111
|W IP||H M R Mk Dm X||Endogenous||34||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster X=Xenopus
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody detects endogenous levels of cdc2, CDK2 and CDK5 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 15. Based on sequence similarity, the antibody may also cross-react with CDK3. The antibody does not cross-react with CDK4, CDK6 or CDK7. It does detect the yeast orthologue of cdc2 (cdc28) when phosphorylated at tyrosine 19.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr15 of human cdc2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The entry of eukaryotic cells into mitosis is regulated by cdc2 kinase activation, a process controlled at several steps including cyclin binding and phosphorylation of cdc2 at Thr161 (1). However, the critical regulatory step in activating cdc2 during progression into mitosis appears to be dephosphorylation of cdc2 at Thr14 and Tyr15 (2). Phosphorylation at Thr14 and Tyr15, resulting in inhibition of cdc2, can be carried out by Wee1 and Myt1 protein kinases (3,4). The cdc25 phosphatase may be responsible for removal of phosphates at Thr14 and Tyr15 and subsequent activation of cdc2 (1,5).
- Atherton-Fessler, S. et al. (1994) Mol. Biol. Cell. 5, 989-1001.
- Norbury, C. et al. (1991) EMBO. J. 10, 3321-3329.
- McGowan, C.H. and Russell, P. (1993) EMBO J. 12, 75-85.
- Wells, N.J. et al. (1999) J. Cell. Sci. 112, 3361-3371.
- Hunter, T. (1995) Cell 80, 225-236.
- Nakajo, N. et al. (2000) Absence of Wee1 ensures the meiotic cell cycle in Xenopus oocytes. Genes Dev. 14, 328-338. Applications: Western Blotting
- Yang, H. et al. (2000) Loss of a protein phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit (Cdc55p) elicits improper regulation of swe1p degradation. Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 8143-8156. Applications: Western Blotting
- Misaki, K. et al. (2001) PKN delays mitotic timing by inhibition of Cdc25c: Possible involvement of PKN in the regulation of cell division. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 125-129. Applications: Western Blotting
- Yu, C. et al. (2002) Pharmacologic mitogen-activated protein/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase/mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitors interact synergistically with STI571 to induce apoptosis in Bcr/Abl-expressing human leukemia cells. Cancer Res. 62, 188-199. Applications: Western Blotting
- Dai, Y. et al. (2001) Pharmacological inhibitors of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) kinase/MAPK cascade interact synergistically with UCN-01 to induce mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis in human leukemia cells. Cancer Res. 61, 5106-5115. Applications: Western Blotting
- Krauer, K. G. et al. (2004) The EBNA-3 gene family proteins disrupt the G2/M checkpoint. Oncogene 23, 1342-1353. Applications: Western Blotting
- Tachibana, K. et al. (2000) c-Mos forces the mitotic cell cycle to undergo meiosis II to produce haploid gametes. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 14301-14306. Applications: Western Blotting
- Vincent, I. et al. (1997) Aberrant expression of mitotic cdc2/cyclin B1 kinase in degenerating neurons of Alzheimer's disease brain. J. Neurosci. 17, 3588-3598. Applications: Western Blotting
- Chang, S.F. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 3927-32. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ma, D. et al. (2009) J Cell Physiol 219, 31-44. Applications: Western Blotting
- Bartucci, M. et al. (2011) Cell Death Differ , . Applications: Western Blotting
- Niida, H. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 39246-52. Applications: Western Blotting
- Zineldeen, D.H. et al. (2009) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 380, 460-6. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2341 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) Antibody
- 9110 PhosphoPlus® cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody Kit
- 9112 cdc2 Antibody
- 9113 cdc2 (Tyr15) Control Proteins
- 9114 Phospho-cdc2 (Thr161) Antibody
- 9116 cdc2 (POH1) Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.