Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
cdc2 Antibody #9112
|W||H M R||Endogenous||34||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
cdc2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total cdc2 protein. Based on sequence similarity, the antibody may cross-react with CDK2 and CDK3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr15 of human cdc2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The entry of eukaryotic cells into mitosis is regulated by cdc2 kinase activation, a process controlled at several steps including cyclin binding and phosphorylation of cdc2 at Thr161 (1). However, the critical regulatory step in activating cdc2 during progression into mitosis appears to be dephosphorylation of cdc2 at Thr14 and Tyr15 (2). Phosphorylation at Thr14 and Tyr15, resulting in inhibition of cdc2, can be carried out by Wee1 and Myt1 protein kinases (3,4). The cdc25 phosphatase may be responsible for removal of phosphates at Thr14 and Tyr15 and subsequent activation of cdc2 (1,5).
- Atherton-Fessler, S. et al. (1994) Mol. Biol. Cell. 5, 989-1001.
- Norbury, C. et al. (1991) EMBO. J. 10, 3321-3329.
- McGowan, C.H. and Russell, P. (1993) EMBO J. 12, 75-85.
- Wells, N.J. et al. (1999) J. Cell. Sci. 112, 3361-3371.
- Hunter, T. (1995) Cell 80, 225-236.
- Vincent, I. et al. (1997) Aberrant expression of mitotic cdc2/cyclin B1 kinase in degenerating neurons of Alzheimer's disease brain. J. Neurosci. 17 (10), 3588-3598. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
- Chang, S.F. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 3927-32. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ma, D. et al. (2009) J Cell Physiol 219, 31-44. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2341 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) Antibody
- 9110 PhosphoPlus® cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody Kit
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
- 9113 cdc2 (Tyr15) Control Proteins
- 9114 Phospho-cdc2 (Thr161) Antibody
- 9116 cdc2 (POH1) Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.