Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
cdc2 (Tyr15) Control Proteins #9113
Phosphorylated cdc2 Control Protein: SK-N-MC total cell extracts, treated with hydroxyurea for 22 hours to induce cdc2 (Tyr15) phosphorylation, serve as a positive control for Western blotting experiments.Nonphosphorylated cdc2 Control Protein: A glutathione S-transferase (GST)-cdc2 fusion protein serves as a negative control for monitoring antibody phosphoselectivity for Western blotting experiments. Molecular weight of GST-cdc2 fusion protein is 32 kDa.
Directions for Use
As controls, CST recommends using 10 µl of GST-cdc2 negative control protein and 20 µl of the positive control SK-N-MC cell extract.
Note: Boil both negative control and positive control for 2-4 minutes prior to loading on an SDS-PAGE gel.
The entry of eukaryotic cells into mitosis is regulated by cdc2 kinase activation, a process controlled at several steps including cyclin binding and phosphorylation of cdc2 at Thr161 (1). However, the critical regulatory step in activating cdc2 during progression into mitosis appears to be dephosphorylation of cdc2 at Thr14 and Tyr15 (2). Phosphorylation at Thr14 and Tyr15, resulting in inhibition of cdc2, can be carried out by Wee1 and Myt1 protein kinases (3,4). The cdc25 phosphatase may be responsible for removal of phosphates at Thr14 and Tyr15 and subsequent activation of cdc2 (1,5).
Description:Phosphorylated cdc2 Control Protein: SK-N-MC cell extracts treated with hydroxyurea for 22 hours to induce cdc2 (Tyr15) phosphorylation serve as a positive control.Nonphosphorylated cdc2 Control Protein: A glutathione S-transferase (GST)-cdc2 fusion protein serves as a negative control. The molecular weight of GST-cdc2 fusion protein is 32 kDa.Western Blots: CST recommends using 10 µl of GST-cdc2 negative control protein and 20 µl of the positive control SK-N-MC cell extract.Note: Boil both negative control and positive control for 2-4 minutes prior to loading on an SDS-PAGE gel.
- Atherton-Fessler, S. et al. (1994) Mol. Biol. Cell. 5, 989-1001.
- Norbury, C. et al. (1991) EMBO. J. 10, 3321-3329.
- McGowan, C.H. and Russell, P. (1993) EMBO J. 12, 75-85.
- Wells, N.J. et al. (1999) J. Cell. Sci. 112, 3361-3371.
- Hunter, T. (1995) Cell 80, 225-236.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9116 cdc2 (POH1) Mouse mAb
- 9110 PhosphoPlus® cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody Kit
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
- 9112 cdc2 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.