Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MEK1/2 Antibody #9122
|W IP||H M R Mk Dm (C) (X)||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken Dm=D. melanogaster X=Xenopus
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MEK1/2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MEK1/2 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with related kinases such as SEK (MKK4), MKK3 or MKK6.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human MEK1/2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
MEK1 and MEK2, also called MAPK or Erk kinases, are dual-specificity protein kinases that function in a mitogen activated protein kinase cascade controlling cell growth and differentiation (1-3). Activation of MEK1 and MEK2 occurs through phosphorylation of two serine residues at positions 217 and 221, located in the activation loop of subdomain VIII, by Raf-like molecules. MEK1/2 is activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (1-4). Constitutively active forms of MEK1/2 are sufficient for the transformation of NIH/3T3 cells or the differentiation of PC-12 cells (4). MEK activates p44 and p42 MAP kinase by phosphorylating both threonine and tyrosine residues at sites located within the activation loop of kinase subdomain VIII.
- Crews, C.M. et al. (1992) Science 258, 478-480.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 1610-1619.
- Rosen, L.B. et al. (1994) Neuron 12, 1207-1221.
- Cowley, S. et al. (1994) Cell 77, 841-852.
- Fei, Z. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27761-8. Applications: Western Blotting
- Thompson, T. et al. (2010) Mol Cancer Ther 9, 1158-68. Applications: Western Blotting
- Piatelli, M. J. et al. (2004) Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent mitogen-activated protein/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase 1/2 and NF-kappa B signaling pathways are required for B cell antigen receptor-mediated cyclin D2 induction in mature B cells. J. Immunol. 172, 2753-2762. Applications: Western Blotting
- Umenishi, F. and Schrier, R.W. (2003) Hypertonicity-induced aquaporin-1 (AQP1) expression is mediated by the activation of MAPK pathways and hypertonicity-responsive element in the AQP1 gene. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 15765-15770. Applications: Western Blotting
- Rosenberger, C.M. and Finlay, B.B. (2002) Macrophages Inhibit Salmonella Typhimurium Replication through MEK/ERK Kinase and Phagocyte NADPH Oxidase Activities. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 277, 18753-18762. Applications: Western Blotting
- Deszo, E. L. et al. (2001) Cd45 negatively regulates monocytic cell differentiation by inhibiting phorbol 12-myristate13-acetate-dependent activation and tyrosine phosphorylation of C70protein kinase cdelta. Journal of Biological Chemistry 276, 10212-10217. Applications: Western Blotting
- Furuno, T. et al. (2001) Nuclear shuttling of mitogen-activated protein (map) kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase (erk) 2) was dynamically controlled by map/erk kinase after antigen stimulation inrbl-2h3 cells. Journal of Immunology 166, 4416-4421. Applications: IC-IF Western Blotting
- Bueno, O. F. et al. (2000) The MEK1-ERK1/2 signaling pathway promotes compensated cardiac hypertrophy in transgenic mice. European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) 19, 6341-6350. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9903 U0126
- 9160 MEK1/2 HeLa Control Cell Extracts
- 9120 PhosphoPlus® MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody Kit
- 9154 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb
- 2338 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb
- 9126 MEK1/2 (47E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4694 MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb
- 2352 MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 9147 MEK2 (13E3) Rabbit mAb
- 9121 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody
- 9124 MEK1 Antibody
- 9125 MEK2 Antibody
- 9127 Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody
- 9128 Phospho-MEK1 (Ser298) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.