Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Ki-67 (D3B5) Rabbit mAb #9129
|IF-IC F||H M R||Endogenous||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ki-67 (D3B5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Ki-67 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human Ki-67 protein.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells using Ki-67 (D3B5) Rabbit mAb and Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087. Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4412 was used as a secondary antibody.
Ki-67, named after the location where it was discovered (Kiel University, Germany), is a nuclear nonhistone protein (1) that is universally expressed among proliferating cells and absent in quiescent cells (2). Ki-67 detects proliferating cells in G1, S, G2, and mitosis, but not in the G0 resting phase. Research studies have shown that high levels of Ki-67 are associated with poorer breast cancer survival (3). Research studies have explored the use of Ki-67, along with other markers, as potential prognostic or predictive markers in breast cancer and other malignant diseases (4).
- Gerdes, J. et al. (1983) Int J Cancer 31, 13-20.
- Weigel, M.T. and Dowsett, M. (2010) Endocr Relat Cancer 17, R245-62.
- Jones, R.L. et al. (2009) Breast Cancer Res Treat 116, 53-68.
- Yerushalmi, R. et al. (2010) Lancet Oncol 11, 174-83.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9449 Ki-67 (8D5) Mouse mAb
- 9027 Ki-67 (D2H10) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 12202 Ki-67 (D3B5) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Specific; IHC Formulated)
- 2586 PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb
- 4412 Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4413 Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate)
- 4414 Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 5366 Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (DyLight® 680 Conjugate)
- 5151 Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (DyLight® 800 Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.