Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
PhosphoPlus® Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody Kit #9130
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb #9139||100 µl||W IP IHC-P IF-IC F ChIP||H M R Mk||79, 86||Mouse IgG2a|
|Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb #9145||100 µl||W IP IHC-P IHC-F IF-IC F ChIP||H M R Mk (Hm) (B) (Pg) (Hr)||79, 86||Rabbit IgG|
|Stat3 Control Cell Extracts #9133||100 µl||Human|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7076||100 µl||Horse|
|Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody #7075||100 µl||Goat|
|Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack #7727||100 µl|
|20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide #7003||5 ml each|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Pg=Pig Hr=Horse
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Stat3 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 705. This antibody does not cross-react with phospho-EGFR or the corresponding phospho-tyrosines of other Stat proteins. Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Stat3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from IFN-a treated Jurkat cells and HeLa cells (left), as well as EGF treated A431 cells (right), using Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb #9145. Note that the basal phospho-Stat3 in A431 is detected by the antibody.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with either a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr705 of mouse Stat3 or with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of mouse Stat3.
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Research studies have shown that Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
* Product-specific protocol.
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9134 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) Antibody
- 9939 Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9914 Phospho-Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9138 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (3E2) Mouse mAb
- 4904 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.