Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb #9139
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC F ChIP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||79, 86||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Stat3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human Stat3.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, PC12 and COS cells, using Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma (left), showing nuclear and cytoplasmic staining, and human lung carcinoma (right), showing cytoplasmic staining, using Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Hela cells, untreated (blue) or IFN-alpha-treated (green), using Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb compared with a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells either serum-starved (left) or IFNalpha-treated (right) and labeled with Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb (green).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Hep G2 cells starved overnight and treated with IL-6 (100 ng/ml) for 30 minutes, and either 10 μl of Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human IRF-1 promoter primers, SimpleChIP® Human c-Fos Promoter Primers #4663, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
- Yao, Z. et al. (2010) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107, 15535-40. Applications: Western Blotting
- Sud, N. et al. (2009) Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296, L519-26. Applications: Western Blotting
- Matsuyama, H. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 6881-92. Applications: ChIP Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 9133 Stat3 Control Cell Extracts
- 9134 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) Antibody
- 9136 Phospho-Stat3 (Ser727) (6E4) Mouse mAb
- 9138 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (3E2) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4904 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb
- 8105 SignalSlide® Phospho-Stat1/3/5 IHC Controls
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.