Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
SMG-1 (D42D5) Rabbit mAb #9149
|9149S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9149||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||410||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
SMG-1 (D42D5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SMG-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human SMG-1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from U-2 OS, 293, and MCF7 cells using SMG-1 (D42D5) Rabbit mAb.
SMG-1 is a member of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase-related kinase (PIKK) family, which includes ATM, ATR, mTOR, DNA-PKcs, and TRRAP (1,2). Activated by DNA damage, SMG-1 has been shown to phosphorylate p53 and hUpf1 (SMG-2) (1-4). hUpf1 is a subunit of the surveillance complex that allows degradation of messenger RNA species containing premature termination codons (PTCs). This process, known as nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD), prevents the translation of truncated forms of proteins that may result in gain of function or dominant negative species. NMD occurs under normal cellular conditions as well as in response to damage (5,6). SMG-1 has also been shown to affect cell death receptor signaling and to protect cells from extrinsically induced apoptotic cell death (7).
- Denning, G. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 22709-14.
- Yamashita, A. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 2215-28.
- Brumbaugh, K.M. et al. (2004) Mol Cell 14, 585-98.
- Ohnishi, T. et al. (2003) Mol Cell 12, 1187-200.
- Li, Z.Y. et al. (2006) Curr Med Chem 13, 1693-705.
- Mendell, J.T. et al. (2004) Nat Genet 36, 1073-8.
- Oliveira, V. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 13174-84.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4993 SMG-1 (Q25) Antibody
- 9592 SMG-1 (V72) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.