Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
SEK1/MKK4 Antibody #9152
|W IP||H M R Mk (Dg)||Endogenous||44||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SEK1/MKK4 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SEK1/MKK4 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MEK1, MEK2 or MKK3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the N-terminus of human SEK1/MKK4. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SAPK/Erk kinase (SEK1), also known as MKK4 or Jun kinase kinase (JNKK), activates the MAP kinase homologues SAPK and JNK in response to various cellular stresses and inflamatory cytokines (1-3). Activation of SEK1 occurs through MEKK phosphorylation of serine and threonine residues at positions 257 and 261, respectively. Like MEK, SEK is a dual-specificity protein kinase that phosphorylates SAPK/JNK at a conserved T*PY* site in its activation loop (4). Phosphorylation by Akt at Ser80 inhibits SEK1 and suppresses stress-activated signal transduction (5).
- Davis, R.J. (1994) Trends Biochem. Sci. 19, 470-473.
- Sanchez, I. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 794-798.
- Yan, M. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 798-800.
- Kyriakis, J.M. et al. (1994) Nature 369, 156-160.
- Park, H. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 2573-2578.
- Zapata, H.J. et al. (2007) J Virol 81, 977-90. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ngai, S. et al. (2010) FEBS J 277, 119-27. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3346 SEK1 (5C10) Rabbit mAb
- 4514 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257) (C36C11) Rabbit mAb
- 9151 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Thr261) Antibody
- 9155 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser80) Antibody
- 9156 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257/Thr261) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.