Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-Merlin (Ser518) Antibody #9163
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||70||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Merlin (Ser518) Antibody detects endogenous levels of merlin only when phosphorylated at Ser518.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human merlin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Neurofibromatosis 2 (NF2) is an autosomal dominant inherited disorder that is characterized by the occurrence of vestibular schwannomas, meningiomas, and other nervous system tumors. Both the familial tumors of NF2 and equivalent sporadic tumors in the general population are caused by inactivation of the NF2 tumor suppressor gene. Merlin (moesin, ezrin, and radixin like protein), the NF2 gene product, has striking similarity to ezrin, radixin, and moesin (ERM). Regulation of merlin (aka schwannomin) and ERM proteins involves intramolecular and intermolecular head-to-tail associations between family members (1). Merlin and ERM proteins act as linkers between the plasma membrane and the cytoskeleton, affecting cell morphology, polarity, and signal transduction (2). Merlin is phosphorylated by the Rac/Cdc42 effector p21-activated kinase (PAK) at Ser518, negatively regulating Rac (3,4).
- Ramesh, V. (2004) Nat. Rev. Neurosci. 5, 462-470.
- Bretscher, A. et al. (2002) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 3, 586-599.
- Xiao, G. H. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 883-886.
- Kissil, J. L. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 12, 841-849.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2461 Phospho-Rac1/cdc42 (Ser71) Antibody
- 2601 Phospho-PAK1 (Thr423)/PAK2 (Thr402) Antibody
- 2602 PAK1 Antibody
- 2604 PAK1/2/3 Antibody
- 2605 Phospho-PAK1 (Ser199/204)/PAK2 (Ser192/197) Antibody
- 2606 Phospho-PAK1 (Ser144)/PAK2 (Ser141) Antibody
- 2607 Phospho-PAK2 (Ser20) Antibody
- 3141 Phospho-Ezrin (Thr567)/Radixin (Thr564)/Moesin (Thr558) Antibody
- 3142 Ezrin/Radixin/Moesin Antibody
- 3144 Phospho-Ezrin (Tyr353) Antibody
- 3145 Ezrin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.