Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody #9164
|9164L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9164S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9164||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody detects endogenous levels of c-Jun only when activated by phosphorylation at Ser73. This antibody also recognizes JunD phosphorylated at Ser100.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser73 of human c-Jun. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from UV-treated NIH/3T3 cells using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells treated with anisomycin (25 ug/ml) for the indicated times, using Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody #9164. The lower molecular weight band is phospho-JunD (Ser100).
Confocal immunofluorescent images of C6 cells, untreated (left) or anisomycin treated (right), labeled with Phospho-c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody (green) and beta-Tubulin Antibody #2146 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
c-Jun is a member of the Jun family containing c-Jun, JunB, and JunD, and is a component of the transcription factor activator protein-1 (AP-1). AP-1 is composed of dimers of Fos, Jun, and ATF family members and binds to and activates transcription at TRE/AP-1 elements (reviewed in 1). Extracellular signals including growth factors, chemokines, and stress activate AP-1-dependent transcription. The transcriptional activity of c-Jun is regulated by phosphorylation at Ser63 and Ser73 through SAPK/JNK (reviewed in 2). Knock-out studies in mice have shown that c-Jun is essential for embryogenesis (3), and subsequent studies have demonstrated roles for c-Jun in various tissues and developmental processes including axon regeneration (4), liver regeneration (5), and T cell development (6). AP-1 regulated genes exert diverse biological functions including cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis, as well as transformation, invasion and metastasis, depending on cell type and context (7-9). Other target genes regulate survival, as well as hypoxia and angiogenesis (8,10). Research studies have implicated c-Jun as a promising therapeutic target for cancer, vascular remodeling, acute inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis (11,12).
- Jochum, W. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 2401-12.
- Davis, R.J. (2000) Cell 103, 239-52.
- Hilberg, F. et al. (1993) Nature 365, 179-81.
- Raivich, G. et al. (2004) Neuron 43, 57-67.
- Behrens, A. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1782-90.
- Riera-Sans, L. and Behrens, A. (2007) J Immunol 178, 5690-700.
- Leppä, S. and Bohmann, D. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6158-62.
- Shaulian, E. and Karin, M. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E131-6.
- Weiss, C. and Bohmann, D. (2004) Cell Cycle 3, 111-3.
- Karamouzis, M.V. et al. (2007) Mol Cancer Res 5, 109-20.
- Kim, S. and Iwao, H. (2003) J Pharmacol Sci 91, 177-81.
- Dass, C.R. and Choong, P.F. (2008) Pharmazie 63, 411-4.
- de Ruiter, N. D. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 8480-8488. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Fan, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 29980-29985. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lee, S. A. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 11783-11790. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Paasinen-Sohns, A. et al. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 151, 801-810. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hirai, S. et al. (2006) J Neurosci 26, 11992-2002. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9260 PhosphoPlus® c-Jun (Ser63) and c-Jun (Ser73) Antibody Kit
- 9261 Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) II Antibody
- 9165 c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9263 c-Jun Control Cell Extracts
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.