Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
LAT Antibody #9166
|W IP IHC-P F||H M (R)||Endogenous||36, 38||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LAT Antibody detects endogenous levels of total LAT protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the central region of human LAT. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated or treated with lambda phosphatase, using LAT Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Jurkat cells, using LAT Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsil, showing membrane localization, using LAT Antibody.
LAT, a transmembrane adaptor protein expressed in T, NK and mast cells, is an important mediator for T cell receptor (TCR) signaling (1). Upon TCR engagement, activated Zap-70 phosphorylates LAT at multiple conserved tyrosine residues within SH2 binding motifs, exposing these motifs as the docking sites for downstream signaling targets (2,3). The phosphorylation of LAT at Tyr171 and Tyr191 enables the binding of Grb2, Gads/SLP-76, PLCγ1 and PI3 kinase through their SH2 domain and translocates them to the membrane. This process eventually leads to activation of the corresponding signaling pathways (1-4).
- Wonerow, P. and Watson, S.P. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6273-6283.
- Zhang, W. et al. (1998) Cell 92, 83-92.
- Paz, P. E. et al. (2001) Biochem. J. 356, 461-471.
- Zhang, W. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 23355-23361.
- Verhagen, A.M. et al. (2012) J Immunol 188, 122-34. Applications: Western Blotting
- Harr, M.W. et al. (2010) Cell Death Differ 17, 1381-91. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 2704 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody
- 2705 Zap-70 (99F2) Rabbit mAb
- 3581 Phospho-LAT (Tyr171) Antibody
- 3584 Phospho-LAT (Tyr191) Antibody
- 4958 SLP-76 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.