Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat1 (9H2) Mouse mAb #9176
|W IP||H (B)||Endogenous||84, 91||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat1 (9H2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Stat1 protein independent of phosphorylation, however, it prefers the non-phosphorylated form of Stat1. The antibody detects both Stat1alpha (91 kDa) and Stat1beta (84 kDa) isoforms. It does not significantly cross-react with the other Stat proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated or IFN-alpha-treated (100 ng/ml for 5 minutes), using Stat1 (9H2) Mouse mAb.
The Stat1 transcription factor is activated in response to a large number of ligands (1) and is essential for responsiveness to IFN-α and IFN-γ (2,3). Phosphorylation of Stat1 at Tyr701 induces Stat1 dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (4). Stat1 protein exists as a pair of isoforms, Stat1α (91 kDa) and the splice variant Stat1β (84 kDa). In most cells, both isoforms are activated by IFN-α, but only Stat1α is activated by IFN-γ. The inappropriate activation of Stat1 occurs in many tumors (5). In addition to tyrosine phosphorylation, Stat1 is also phosphorylated at Ser727 through a p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-dependent pathway in response to IFN-α and other cellular stresses (6). Serine phosphorylation may be required for the maximal induction of Stat1-mediated gene activation.
- Heim, M.H. (1999) J. Recept. Signal. Transduct. Res. 19, 75-120.
- Durbin, J.E. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 443-450.
- Meraz, M.A. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 431-442.
- Ihle, J.N. et al. (1994) Trends Biochem. Sci. 19, 222-227.
- Frank, D.A. (1999) Mol. Med. 5, 432-456.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-250.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9171 Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) Antibody
- 9172 Stat1 Antibody
- 9173 Stat1 Control Cell Extracts
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9175 Stat1 (42H3) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.