Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat1 (Ser727) Antibody #9177
|W IF-IC F ChIP||H M R (B)||Endogenous||91||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat1 (Ser727) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Stat1α only when phosphorylated at Ser727. This site is deleted in Stat1β. This antibody does not significantly cross-react with the corresponding phosphorylated residues of other Stat proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser727 of human Stat1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 (human), NIH/3T3 (mouse), and C6 (rat) cells, untreated or UV-stimulated, using Phospho-Stat1 (Ser727) Antibody
Flow cytometric analysis of Hela cells, phosphatase-treated (red), untreated (blue) or UV-treated (green), using Phospho-Stat1 (Ser727) Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, untreated (left), IFN-γ treated (center) or IFN-γ and phosphatase treated (right), labeled with Phospho-Stat1 (Ser727) Antibody (green) and Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb #4545 (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HT-1080 cells treated with IFN-γ (50 ng/ml) for 30 minutes and either 20 μl of Phospho-Stat1 (Ser727) Antibody or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human IRF-1 promoter primers, SimpleChIP® Human TAP1 Promoter Primers #5148, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The Stat1 transcription factor is activated in response to a large number of ligands (1) and is essential for responsiveness to IFN-α and IFN-γ (2,3). Phosphorylation of Stat1 at Tyr701 induces Stat1 dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (4). Stat1 protein exists as a pair of isoforms, Stat1α (91 kDa) and the splice variant Stat1β (84 kDa). In most cells, both isoforms are activated by IFN-α, but only Stat1α is activated by IFN-γ. The inappropriate activation of Stat1 occurs in many tumors (5). In addition to tyrosine phosphorylation, Stat1 is also phosphorylated at Ser727 through a p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-dependent pathway in response to IFN-α and other cellular stresses (6). Serine phosphorylation may be required for the maximal induction of Stat1-mediated gene activation.
- Heim, M.H. (1999) J. Recept. Signal. Transduct. Res. 19, 75-120.
- Durbin, J.E. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 443-450.
- Meraz, M.A. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 431-442.
- Ihle, J.N. et al. (1994) Trends Biochem. Sci. 19, 222-227.
- Frank, D.A. (1999) Mol. Med. 5, 432-456.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-250.
- Bowie, M. L. et al. (2004) Interferon-regulatory factor-1 is critical for tamoxifen-mediated apoptosis in human mammary epithelial cells. Oncogene 23, 8743-8755. Applications: Western Blotting
- Kaizu, T. et al. (2008) Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294, G236-44. Applications: Western Blotting
- Bhattacharyya, S. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 9554-9. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9172 Stat1 Antibody
- 9175 Stat1 (42H3) Rabbit mAb
- 9176 Stat1 (9H2) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9171 Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) Antibody
- 9167 Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) (58D6) Rabbit mAb
- 9173 Stat1 Control Cell Extracts
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.