Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Mer (348E6) Mouse mAb #9178
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Mer (348E6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of Mer proteins. It does not cross-react with other receptor tyrosine kinase family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human Mer extracellular domain produced in Sf21 cells.
Mer tyrosine kinase belongs to a receptor tyrosine kinase family with Axl and Tyro3. This family is characterized by a common NCAM (neural adhesion molecule)-related extracellular domain and a common ligand, GAS6 (growth arrest-specific protein 6). Mer protein has an apparent molecular weight of 170-210 kDa due to different glycosylation patterns generated in different cell types. Mer can be activated by dimerization and autophosphorylation through ligand binding or homophilic cell-cell interaction mediated by its NCAM-like motif (1). The downstream signaling components of activated Mer include PI3 kinase, PLCγ, and MAP kinase (2). Family members are prone to transcriptional regulation and carry out diverse functions including the regulation of cell adhesion, migration, phagocytosis, and survival (3). Mer regulates macrophage activation, promotes apoptotic cell engulfment, and supports platelet aggregation and clot stability in vivo (4). Investigators ahve found that overexpression of Mer may play a cooperative role in leukemogenesis and may be an effective target for biologically based leukemia/lymphoma therapy (5).
- Ling, L. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 18355-18362.
- Ling, L. and Kung, H.J. (1995) Mol. Cell Biol. 15, 6582-6592.
- Hafizi, S. and Dahlbäck, B. (2006) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 17, 295-304.
- Sather, S. et al. (2007) Blood 109, 1026-1033.
- Keating, A.K. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 6092-6100.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.