Product Pathways - Metabolism
FAAH1 Antibody (Rat Specific) #9179
Reactivity Key: R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FAAH1 Antibody (Rat Specific) detects endogenous levels of total FAAH1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of rat FAAH1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Endogenous cannabinoids have been implicated in addictive behaviors and drug abuse (1). Fatty-acid amide hydrolase 1 (FAAH1) is a plasma membrane-bound hydrolase that converts oleamide to oleic acid (2). This hydrolase also converts the cannabinoid anandamide, the endogenous ligand for the CB1 cannabinoid receptor, to arachidonic acid, suggesting a role in fatty-acid amide inactivation (2). Mice lacking FAAH1 have significantly higher levels of anandamide in the brain and show decreased sensitivity to pain, further indicating a role for FAAH1 in the regulation of endocannabinoid signaling in vivo (3). FAAH1 null mice also demonstrate an increased preference for alcohol and an increased voluntary uptake of alcohol as compared to wild-type mice, indicating a role of FAAH1 in modulating addictive behaviors (1).
- Blednov, Y.A. et al. (2007) Neuropsychopharmacology 32, 1570-82.
- Cravatt, B.F. et al. (1996) Nature 384, 83-7.
- Cravatt, B.F. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 9371-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3829 FAAH1 (C84F1) Rabbit mAb
- 2942 FAAH1 (L14B8) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.