Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
PhosphoPlus® Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody Kit #9180
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody #9181||100 µl||W||H (M) (R) (Mk) (Z) (Dg)||47||Rabbit|
|Elk-1 Antibody #9182||100 µl||W||H M R Z||47||Rabbit|
|Elk-1 Control Proteins #9183||150 µl||40 kDa nonphosphorylated, 50 kDa phosphorylated||E. Coli|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
|Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody #7075||100 µl||Goat|
|Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack #7727||100 µl|
|20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide #7003||5 ml each|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Z=Zebrafish Dg=Dog
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Elk-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Elk-1 protein. Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody detects EIk-1 protein only when activated by phosphorylation at serine 383.
The PhosphoPlus® Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody Kit provides reagents and protocols for the rapid analysis of the phosphorylation status of Elk-1. Bacterially expressed Elk-1 serves as a negative control. The same protein phosphorylated by p42 MAP Kinase (Erk2) serves as a positive control.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser383 of human Elk-1, or with a synthetic peptide derived from the sequence of human Elk-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The transcription factor Elk-1 is a component of the ternary complex that binds the serum response element (SRE) and mediates gene activity in response to serum and growth factors (1-3). Elk-1 is phosphorylated by MAP kinase pathways at a cluster of S/T motifs at its carboxy terminus; phosphorylation at these sites, particularly Ser383, is critical for transcriptional activation by Elk-1. Elk-1 appears to be a direct target of activated MAP kinase: (a) biochemical studies indicate that Elk-1 is a good substrate for MAP kinase; (b) the kinetics of Elk-1 phosphorylation and activation correlate with MAP kinase activity; (c) interfering mutants of MAP kinase block Elk-1 activation in vivo. Other studies have shown that Elk-1 (Ser383) is also a target of the stress-activated kinase SAPK/JNK (4,5).
- Marais, R. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 381-393.
- Kortenjann, M. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 4815-4824.
- Hill, C.S. and Treisman, R. (1995) Cell 80, 199-211.
- Cavigelli, M. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 5957-5964.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. et al. (1995) Science 269, 403-407.
- Aplin, A. E. et al. (2001) Integrin-mediated adhesion regulates ERK nuclear translocation and phosphorylation of Elk-1. J. Biol. Chem. 153, 273-282. Applications: IC-ABC Western Blotting
- Hu, Y. et al. (2000) E-selectin-dependent signaling via the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in vascular endothelial cells. J. Immunol. 165, 2142-2418. Applications: Western Blotting
- Wang, D. and Richmond, A. (2001) Nuclear factor-kappa B activation by the CXC chemokine melanoma growth-stimulatory activity/growth-regulated protein involves the MEKK1/p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 3650-3659. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9100 PhosphoPlus® p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody Kit
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9181 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody
- 9186 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb
- 9182 Elk-1 Antibody
- 9183 Elk-1 Control Proteins
- 9184 Elk-1 Fusion Protein
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.