Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody #9181
|9181S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9181||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Zebrafish, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody detects less than 5 ng of recombinant phosphorylated Elk-1, and will not react with up to 1 µg of recombinant nonphosphorylated EIk-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser383 of human Elk-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The transcription factor Elk-1 is a component of the ternary complex that binds the serum response element (SRE) and mediates gene activity in response to serum and growth factors (1-3). Elk-1 is phosphorylated by MAP kinase pathways at a cluster of S/T motifs at its carboxy terminus; phosphorylation at these sites, particularly Ser383, is critical for transcriptional activation by Elk-1. Elk-1 appears to be a direct target of activated MAP kinase: (a) biochemical studies indicate that Elk-1 is a good substrate for MAP kinase; (b) the kinetics of Elk-1 phosphorylation and activation correlate with MAP kinase activity; (c) interfering mutants of MAP kinase block Elk-1 activation in vivo. Other studies have shown that Elk-1 (Ser383) is also a target of the stress-activated kinase SAPK/JNK (4,5).
- Stewart, S. and Guan, K.L. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 8854-62. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9182 Elk-1 Antibody
- 9183 Elk-1 Control Proteins
- 9184 Elk-1 Fusion Protein
- 9186 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb
- 9800 p44/42 MAP Kinase Assay Kit (Nonradioactive)
- 9911 Phospho-Erk1/2 Pathway Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.