Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Elk-1 Antibody #9182
|W||H M R Z||Endogenous||47||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Z=Zebrafish
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Elk-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Elk-1 protein. It may cross-react with other Elk/ETS-domain family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human Elk-1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The transcription factor Elk-1 is a component of the ternary complex that binds the serum response element (SRE) and mediates gene activity in response to serum and growth factors (1-3). Elk-1 is phosphorylated by MAP kinase pathways at a cluster of S/T motifs at its carboxy terminus; phosphorylation at these sites, particularly Ser383, is critical for transcriptional activation by Elk-1. Elk-1 appears to be a direct target of activated MAP kinase: (a) biochemical studies indicate that Elk-1 is a good substrate for MAP kinase; (b) the kinetics of Elk-1 phosphorylation and activation correlate with MAP kinase activity; (c) interfering mutants of MAP kinase block Elk-1 activation in vivo. Other studies have shown that Elk-1 (Ser383) is also a target of the stress-activated kinase SAPK/JNK (4,5).
- Marais, R. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 381-393.
- Kortenjann, M. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 4815-4824.
- Hill, C.S. and Treisman, R. (1995) Cell 80, 199-211.
- Cavigelli, M. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 5957-5964.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. et al. (1995) Science 269, 403-407.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9800 p44/42 MAP Kinase Assay Kit (Nonradioactive)
- 9911 Phospho-Erk1/2 Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9180 PhosphoPlus® Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody Kit
- 9181 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody
- 9186 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb
- 9183 Elk-1 Control Proteins
- 9184 Elk-1 Fusion Protein
- 9900 PD98059
- 9903 U0126
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.