Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Elk-1 Control Proteins #9183
40 kDa nonphosphorylated, 50 kDa phosphorylated
Nonphosphorylated Elk1 fusion protein: Bacterially expressed Elk1 fusion protein serves as a negative control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer. Store at -20ºC.Phosphorylated Elk1 fusion protein: Elk1 phosphorylated by the Erk2 enzyme serves as a positive control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer. Store at -20ºC.
Directions for Use
As controls, we recommend using 15 µl of phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated Elk1 control extracts. Boil sample prior to loading.
The transcription factor Elk-1 is a component of the ternary complex that binds the serum response element (SRE) and mediates gene activity in response to serum and growth factors (1-3). Elk-1 is phosphorylated by MAP kinase pathways at a cluster of S/T motifs at its carboxy terminus; phosphorylation at these sites, particularly Ser383, is critical for transcriptional activation by Elk-1. Elk-1 appears to be a direct target of activated MAP kinase: (a) biochemical studies indicate that Elk-1 is a good substrate for MAP kinase; (b) the kinetics of Elk-1 phosphorylation and activation correlate with MAP kinase activity; (c) interfering mutants of MAP kinase block Elk-1 activation in vivo. Other studies have shown that Elk-1 (Ser383) is also a target of the stress-activated kinase SAPK/JNK (4,5).
Western Blots: For controls, we recommend using 15 µl of phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated Elk1 control extracts. Boil sample prior to loading.
- Marais, R. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 381-393.
- Kortenjann, M. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 4815-4824.
- Hill, C.S. and Treisman, R. (1995) Cell 80, 199-211.
- Cavigelli, M. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 5957-5964.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. et al. (1995) Science 269, 403-407.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9180 PhosphoPlus® Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody Kit
- 9181 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody
- 9186 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb
- 9182 Elk-1 Antibody
- 9184 Elk-1 Fusion Protein
- 9800 p44/42 MAP Kinase Assay Kit (Nonradioactive)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.