Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb #9186
|W||H (M) (R)||Recombinant||47||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb detects less than 5 ng of phosphorylated Elk-1, and will not react with up to 1 µg of nonphosphorylated Elk-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser383 of human Elk-1.
The transcription factor Elk-1 is a component of the ternary complex that binds the serum response element (SRE) and mediates gene activity in response to serum and growth factors (1-3). Elk-1 is phosphorylated by MAP kinase pathways at a cluster of S/T motifs at its carboxy terminus; phosphorylation at these sites, particularly Ser383, is critical for transcriptional activation by Elk-1. Elk-1 appears to be a direct target of activated MAP kinase: (a) biochemical studies indicate that Elk-1 is a good substrate for MAP kinase; (b) the kinetics of Elk-1 phosphorylation and activation correlate with MAP kinase activity; (c) interfering mutants of MAP kinase block Elk-1 activation in vivo. Other studies have shown that Elk-1 (Ser383) is also a target of the stress-activated kinase SAPK/JNK (4,5).
- Marais, R. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 381-393.
- Kortenjann, M. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 4815-4824.
- Hill, C.S. and Treisman, R. (1995) Cell 80, 199-211.
- Cavigelli, M. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 5957-5964.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. et al. (1995) Science 269, 403-407.
- Plotnikov, A. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 3515-30. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9100 PhosphoPlus® p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody Kit
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 9107 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (3A7) Mouse mAb
- 9181 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody
- 9182 Elk-1 Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.