Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
PTEN (D4.3) XP® Rabbit mAb #9188
|W IP IHC-P||H M R Mk Dg (C)||Endogenous||54||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PTEN (D4.3) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PTEN protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the carboxy-terminal sequence of human PTEN.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PTEN (D4.3) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) and Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb #4691 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon using PTEN (D4.3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis using PTEN (D4.3) XP® Rabbit mAb on SignalSlide(TM) PTEN IHC Controls #8106 (paraffin-embedded LNCaP (left) and NIH/3T3 (right) cells).
PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome ten), also referred to as MMAC (mutated in multiple advanced cancers) phosphatase, is a tumor suppressor implicated in a wide variety of human cancers (1). PTEN encodes a 403 amino acid polypeptide originally described as a dual-specificity protein phosphatase (2). The main substrates of PTEN are inositol phospholipids generated by the activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) (3). PTEN is a major negative regulator of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway (1,4,5). PTEN possesses a carboxy-terminal, noncatalytic regulatory domain with three phosphorylation sites (Ser380, Thr382, and Thr383) that regulate PTEN stability and may affect its biological activity (6,7). PTEN regulates p53 protein levels and activity (8) and is involved in G protein-coupled signaling during chemotaxis (9,10).
- Cantley, L.C. and Neel, B.G. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 4240-5.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 9052-7.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 13513-8.
- Wan, X. and Helman, L.J. (2003) Oncogene 22, 8205-11.
- Wu, X. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 15587-91.
- Vazquez, F. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5010-8.
- Torres, J. and Pulido, R. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 993-8.
- Freeman, D.J. et al. (2003) Cancer Cell 3, 117-30.
- Funamoto, S. et al. (2002) Cell 109, 611-23.
- Iijima, M. and Devreotes, P. (2002) Cell 109, 599-610.
- Lan, R. et al. (2012) Am J Physiol Renal Physiol , . Applications: IF-P (paraffin)
- Lotan, T.L. et al. (2011) Clin Cancer Res 17, 6563-73. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Lotan, T.L. et al. (2012) Mod Pathol , . Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9569 Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) Antibody
- 9551 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380) Antibody
- 9549 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/383) (44A7) Rabbit mAb
- 1250 PTEN Blocking Peptide
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 8106 SignalSlide® PTEN IHC Controls
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.