Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CREB Control Cell Extracts #9193
|9193S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Nonphosphorylated CREB Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from SK-N-MC cells prepared without treatment serve as a negative control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.
Phosphorylated CREB Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from SK-N-MC cells prepared with IBMX and forskolin treatment serve as a positive control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.
As controls, we recommend using 10 µl of phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated CREB control extracts. Boil sample before use.
CREB is a bZIP transcription factor that activates target genes through cAMP response elements. CREB is able to mediate signals from numerous physiological stimuli, resulting in regulation of a broad array of cellular responses. While CREB is expressed in numerous tissues, it plays a large regulatory role in the nervous system. CREB is believed to play a key role in promoting neuronal survival, precursor proliferation, neurite outgrowth, and neuronal differentiation in certain neuronal populations (1-3). Additionally, CREB signaling is involved in learning and memory in several organisms (4-6). CREB is able to selectively activate numerous downstream genes through interactions with different dimerization partners. CREB is activated by phosphorylation at Ser133 by various signaling pathways including Erk, Ca2+, and stress signaling. Some of the kinases involved in phosphorylating CREB at Ser133 are p90RSK, MSK, CaMKIV, and MAPKAPK-2 (7-9).
- Lonze, B.E. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 371-85.
- Lee, M.M. et al. (1999) J Neurosci Res 55, 702-12.
- Redmond, L. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 999-1010.
- Dash, P.K. et al. (1990) Nature 345, 718-21.
- Yin, J.C. et al. (1994) Cell 79, 49-58.
- Guzowski, J.F. and McGaugh, J.L. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 2693-8.
- Xing, J. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1946-55.
- Ribar, T.J. et al. (2000) J Neurosci 20, RC107.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 4629-42.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9190 PhosphoPlus® CREB (Ser133) Antibody Kit
- 9191 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Antibody
- 9196 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (1B6) Mouse mAb
- 9197 CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb
- 9198 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9187 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9104 CREB (86B10) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.