Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb #9198
|9198L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9198S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9198||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Zebrafish.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of CREB only when phosphorylated at serine 133. The antibody also detects the phosphorylated form of the CREB-related protein, ATF-1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser133 of human CREB.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-N-MC cells, untreated or forskolin- and FGF-treated, using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb (upper) or CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb #9197 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, showing nuclear staining, using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse lung using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Blocking Peptide #1090 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded SK-N-MC cells, untreated (left) or IBMX- and forskolin-treated (right), showing induced nuclear staining, using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human renal cell carcinoma, untreated (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen H1650 xenograft, showing nuclear localization using Phospho-CREB (Ser133)(87G3) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of SK-N-MC cells, untreated (blue) or IBMX- and forskolin-treated (green), using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal microscopic images of SK-N-MC cells showing nuclear stain after 25 minute treatment with Forskolin and IBMX using Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb (left, red) compared to untreated cells (right). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Conofocal immunofluorescent images of rat dentate gyrus, either sham-operated (left) or 15 min ischemia followed by 30 min (center) and 4 h (right) reperfusion, labeled with Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb (red), Neurofilament-L (DA2) Mouse mAb #2835 (blue) and Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (2F9) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4854.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 293 cells treated with Forskolin #3828 (30 μM) for 1h and either 20 μl of Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human ALS2 exon 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human NR4A3 Promoter Primers #4829, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
CREB is a bZIP transcription factor that activates target genes through cAMP response elements. CREB is able to mediate signals from numerous physiological stimuli, resulting in regulation of a broad array of cellular responses. While CREB is expressed in numerous tissues, it plays a large regulatory role in the nervous system. CREB is believed to play a key role in promoting neuronal survival, precursor proliferation, neurite outgrowth, and neuronal differentiation in certain neuronal populations (1-3). Additionally, CREB signaling is involved in learning and memory in several organisms (4-6). CREB is able to selectively activate numerous downstream genes through interactions with different dimerization partners. CREB is activated by phosphorylation at Ser133 by various signaling pathways including Erk, Ca2+, and stress signaling. Some of the kinases involved in phosphorylating CREB at Ser133 are p90RSK, MSK, CaMKIV, and MAPKAPK-2 (7-9).
- Lonze, B.E. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 371-85.
- Lee, M.M. et al. (1999) J Neurosci Res 55, 702-12.
- Redmond, L. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 999-1010.
- Dash, P.K. et al. (1990) Nature 345, 718-21.
- Yin, J.C. et al. (1994) Cell 79, 49-58.
- Guzowski, J.F. and McGaugh, J.L. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 2693-8.
- Xing, J. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1946-55.
- Ribar, T.J. et al. (2000) J Neurosci 20, RC107.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 4629-42.
- Zaru, R. et al. (2007) Nat Immunol 8, 1227-35. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ghosh, R. et al. (2007) Neoplasia 9, 893-9. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Kumar, A.P. et al. (2007) Clin Cancer Res 13, 2784-94. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Gaddini, L. et al. (2009) Neurobiol Dis 35, 278-85. Applications: Western Blotting, IF-IC (In Cells).
- Chung, Y.W. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 29681-90. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hashimoto, Y. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e5130. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9191 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Antibody
- 9193 CREB Control Cell Extracts
- 9196 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (1B6) Mouse mAb
- 9197 CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb
- 1090 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9190 PhosphoPlus® CREB (Ser133) Antibody Kit
- 9187 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9104 CREB (86B10) Mouse mAb
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8212 PhosphoPlus® CREB (Ser133) Antibody Duet
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.